Wednesday, 31 May 2017

SFA - Licence to Occupy Insurance

If you occupy Service Family Accommodation be it either SFA or SSFA you will have signed an agreement when you moved into the property called a Service Licence to Occupy Service Family Accommodation
 (known as a Licence to Occupy). 
Due to this, you are not classed as a tenant
 The Services Insurance and Investment Panel (siiap) have a web page that details a number of insurance providers who can organise policies that have been designed specifically for SFA Occupants.  
The webpage can be found at: 

Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Opportunities For Service Leavers

Hire A Hero is a charity that supports service leavers through the transition into civilian life.

Please Click HERE For More Information.

Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Looking For Childcare In Wiltshire?

Childcare in Wiltshire

Finding the right childcare for your little ones can be tricky! Here, you’ll find everything from nannies to au pairs and childminders; helping you to find the perfect childcare solution…

Flexible Part-Time Work That makes A Difference

We rely on the support of more than 120 wonderful people who give their time and energy to help us provide our  award-winning services. It's a great way to meet people, experience new things, add skills to your CV, and 
make a real difference. If you would like to join our friendly team - even for a few hours each month - we'll help you find the role that's right for you.

Tuesday, 23 May 2017

FREE Children's Centre Activities

Programmes and Activities at The RISE Trust
Chippenham, Corsham, Calne, Cricklade,
Malmesbury, Royal Wootton Bassett

The current  programmes of FREE Children’s Centre activities are below. If you want to plan ahead, please click on the programmes for more information on times, dates and locations.
The vast majority of RISE events are free (unless marked otherwise) and all are welcome.
For some events you may need to telephone to book a place – see event details.
We look forward to seeing you!

NHS CHOICES: Stress, Anxiety and Depression

Am I depressed? How can I feel less stressed? Why am I so anxious?
Whatever you need to know about coping with stressanxiety or depression, or just the normal emotional ups and downs of life, the NHS Choices Moodzone is here to help.
It offers practical advice, interactive tools, videos and audio guides to help you feel mentally and emotionally better.

  • Tips and advice to boost mental health
  • Self-help and treatments
  • Other people's stories


Monday, 22 May 2017

Understanding Autism

Do you know what small actions could reduce the overload that autistic people face?

CLICK HERE to find out

Volunteer - Home-Start South Wiltshire

For more information on volunteering with Home-Start please click HERE

Veterans’ Gateway

Veterans’ Gateway is here for any ex-service personnel and their family looking for support. We can be contacted 24/7 from anywhere in the UK or abroad. 
To get support, visit:

Need support? As the gateway to a network of partners, we can connect you with the right support quickly and easily, by assessing your needs at your first point of contact. Get in touch with us to get support with employment, finances and housing, to independent living, mental well-being, physical health, and much more.

Volunteer As A Special Constable

What is a Special Constable?A special constable is a part-time, voluntary police officer with all same powers as regular police officers and wears the same uniform. Specials come from all walks of life and volunteer their spare time for a minimum of 16 hours a month. They are highly trained and play an essential role in preventing, reducing and tackling crime and keeping the communities of Wiltshire safe.

Find out HERE how to apply

Joint Service Housing Advice Office

Thursday, 18 May 2017

Farmtastic Animal Farm Near Royal Wootton Bassett

Ready for a close encounter of the furred kind?
More than 100 animals are waiting to meet you this year at Farmtastic Animal Farm, near Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire.
With a host of activities available, there’s plenty to keep the kids and grown-ups busy!
Ready for a close encounter of the furred kind?
More than 100 animals are waiting to meet you this year at Farmtastic Animal Farm, near Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire.

With a host of activities available, there’s plenty to keep the kids and grown-ups busy!

Information On The New 30 Hours Free Childcare Offer.

This new offer enables some working parents of 3 and 4 year olds to now get up to 30 hours of free childcare. Find out if you are eligible and apply.
Please view our parents' information page.

All 3 and 4 year olds get up to 15 hours of free childcare per week, and some2 year olds are also eligible. Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may also be able to get up to 30 hours of free childcare.

Who can get 30 hours free childcare?

It is for working families in England with 3 and 4 year old children. Parents must be working and each earning at least £120 a week, but no more than £100,000 a year.

You might also be able to get Tax-Free Childcare. If so you can apply for both at the same time.
See GOV.UK for the full eligibility criteria (opens in a new window)

Click on the RED to find out more

Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Looking To Improve Your Skills?

Please click HERE for further information

Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Are You A Serving Member of the Armed Forces Or A Veteran

Turn2us - Financial Support To
 Armed Forces & Veterans

If you are a serving member of the armed forces or a veteran, there may be benefits, grants or other financial support available to you and your family.
There are a number of military charities that provide support, each with their own set of eligibility requirements. Help may be available to you from one of these charities if you:
•Are still serving

•Are a veteran

•Serve or served as a regular or reserve, because of the Second World War or National Service

•Had a long or short period of service

•Are the partner, spouse, widow, widower or dependent child of someone who served

Veterans - Are You Eligible For Concessionary Travel?

With a Veterans Oyster photocard you can travel free on bus, Tube, Tram, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London.

To find out if you are eligible please click HERE

Monday, 15 May 2017

Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others 
to recover from alcoholism.

Thursday, 11 May 2017

How To Stop Nuisance Phone Calls


Register with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) 

It's for people who do not want to receive sales calls and it's free. It is illegal for a company to call you once your name is on this. Of course, companies operating outside the law are not likely to take much notice - but it will cut down the number of calls. 

Complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. The number is 0303 123 1113.

Block calls. Some phones offer this feature or you could use a call blocking device that you plug into your phone. These can not only block certain numbers, but also any that are call "withheld" or "international" - untraceable numbers often used by cold callers. The problem with this is that calls from people you know who are abroad or those who have blocked their own number may also be stopped. And a number of calls from large organisations that go through switchboards, which could include important calls, will also be blocked.

Keep an eye out when ordering goods to make sure you tick the box that says you do not wish to receive information about products from organisations. And be careful, as some of these boxes say tick if you DO wish to hear from other companies. So ticking it without reading it could be the wrong call.

SFA: Safety in the home

Many accidents that happen in the home are avoidable. Here are some safety tips that may help to protect you and your family. Further information can be found at Make sure you and your family are aware of the escape routes from your home in the event of a fire.

Carillionamey - Does Your SFA need Additional Need Adaptations

Click On The Poster To ENLARGE

SFA: Vital Safety Inspections

Safety inspections on your SFA are essential in order to keep your property running safely and efficiently. 
CarillionAmey run a number of safety checks and inspections during the lifetime of your property. 
You must comply with your Licence to Occupy SFA and when you receive a letter proposing a date for the inspection and asking you to confirm via a Freephone number, please take the necessary action. If you cannot make the proposed date you can call the Freephone to arrange a more suitable date

SFA: Combating Condensation

Condensation is the water produced when warm moist air or steam meets a cold surface such as windows, walls or floors. You might think that you have leaking windows or damp, but condensation can often be a problem in new/refurbished houses – with draught free windows and efficient heating. To control condensation and any associated mould, sources of water vapour need to be reduced to a minimum, whilst establishing the right balance between heating and ventilation.

If you have taken all of the actions in the diagram below and you believe the issue is due to maintenance or the condition of the property, such as a damaged roof or guttering, please contact the CarillionAmey Helpdesk on 0800 707 6000. 

SFA: Pets in your home

If you wish to keep a domestic pet* in your Service Family Accommodation (SFA) you must seek permission. 
You can do this by using the e-1132 form when applying for your SFA.
If you are already living in your SFA you will need to contact the CarillionAmey Occupancy Services team and request permission. The team will also need to approve applications for any further pets you bring into your home. Once you have received approval to keep pets, please remember that this can be revoked by the MOD if the rules set out in JSP 464 Chapter 7 are not adhered to. 
Pet owners in SFA also have other responsibilities...

Your Service Family Accommodation Information for Occupants - Utility Bill Management – Move In

Setting up Gas and Electricity Supplier

Defence Discounts Service: Lots Of Deals Take A Look

Get 25% off O2 refresh

Just one of the deals 

Visit the Defence Discount service website to see this offer:

SPLITZ Support Service


Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Children's Centres In Wiltshire

Apply For Your SFA Online

Need Support? Help For Heroes Can Help

If you have suffered injury or illness while serving or as a result of your service with or alongside the Armed Forces, Help For Heroes can support you.

Click HERE to see the support available

Challenge Yourself Become A Volunteer With The Army Cadets

Monday, 8 May 2017

Injured Veterans Military Compensation

Following English, Welsh and Scottish Government announcements this year, injured veterans in England, Scotland and Wales will no longer have to surrender most of their military compensation to pay for their social care from 2017.

By contacting their MPs about this issue, our supporters were instrumental in persuading their Government to protect injured veterans’ compensation payments. Thank you to everyone who gave their support; the new changes really will make a huge difference to thousands of 
injured veterans.

Livestock Worrying Is A Criminal Offence

Armed Forces Pension on Divorce or Dissolution

This booklet explains the various options available to split or share an Armed Forces Pension on a divorce or civil partnership dissolution.  
Information is contained that is relevant to the 
Service person and the estranged spouse.
Solicitors dealing with an Armed Forces Pension on a marriage breakdown may also find this booklet useful.

Help For Heroes Need Your Help

Please Click HERE For More Information

Sub- Letting Of Excess UK SFA

              Please Click On The Images To Enlarge

Travelling By Rail? Cut The Cost

If you are a member or a spouse/civil partner of a member of the Regular Armed Forces or Volunteer Reserves you are eligible for a railcard. 
To apply for your railcard please see your 
Unit Admin Office.

Friday, 5 May 2017

Make A Difference To Your Area

For details on how to volunteer click HERE